Страницы

Monday 2 November 2015

Curtain with butterflies

I wanted to make curtain lace into child room in Autumn 2014. I wanted something soft,  flimsy, vapory. Butterflies, maybe. And the most important - that the sun light filled the room swiftly.

My searches started in online shops. Only on Chinese sites I managed to find perfect butterflies, however I didn't want to risk and to receive a pig in the poke as I needed at least 10 meters of the cloth. Thus eventually I found similar colored cloth manufactured in Turkey. They had two or three color varieties but none that I would like. There was their office in Moscow and I decided to go there. And in their storage I chose the most multicolored cloth that it would be easier to choose matching colored cloth for the second curtains later.

In two months I have found appropriate cloths for the second curtains. I started to sew it after the curtain rods were installed. Because of much travelling only on last weekend I have finished it at last. And here it is:

My goal - maximum light was achieved with organza cloth. And the curtain lace made from organza cloth is divided into two parts that it would be easy to go to the balcony.


No comments:

Post a Comment